PerTronix Performance Products Ignitor II Electronic Ignition Conversion
The Ignitor II has many of the same great features that the Ignitor has, but its smarter. Ignitor II units sense the coil current level and use a powerful micro controller to adjust the dwell. Variable dwell helps to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range. Ignitor II systems develop up to 4 times more energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM than standard ignition systems. High RPM performance is improved when used with the Flame-Thrower II super low resistance (0.6 ohms) 45,000 volts.
• Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
• Develops on average 4 times more availability energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage.
• Compensates for inherent electronic delay by adjusting the spark timing throughout the entire RPM range.
• Synchronized peak current and spark timing reduces heat build-up.
• Senses startup and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting.
• Built-in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage.
• Epoxy molding makes this module impervious to dirt, oil, grease, and moisture.
• Stable timing...no need for adjustment.
• Will trigger most CD ignitions.
• Legal in all 50 states and Canada. (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-22)
• Guaranteed for 30 months
Part Type: Electronic Ignition Conversion
Application: Ford V8 '57-'74 (notes 8, 79), Lincoln V8 '57-'73 (notes 79), Mercury V8 '57-'74 (notes 8, 79)
Conversion Kit Trigger Type: Hall Effect
Operating Voltage: 12-Volt Negative Ground
Rev Limiter: No
Integrated Multi-Spark Ignition: No
CD Ignition Compatible: Yes, Most
Adaptive Dwell Control: Yes
High RPM Timing Correction: Yes
Engine Start-Up Energy Boost: Yes
Reverse Polarity and Over Current Protection: Yes
Thermal Clad Construction: No
Integrated Adjustable REV Limiter: No
Compatible with Most Point Type Coils: Yes
Compatible with Low Resistance Ignition Coils: Yes
Suggested Coils: 40001, 40011, & 40111
Legal in all 50 States: Yes, C.A.R.B. E.O. #D57-22
Manufacturer: PerTronix Performance Products
Manufacturer's Part Number: 91281
Weight: 0.30 lbs.
Warranty: PerTronix, Inc. warrants to the original Purchaser that its products shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 30 months from the day of purchase. Should a part become defective it should be returned to the original selling retailer and must be accompanied with the sales receipt. The manufacturer reserves the right to repair or replace the alleged defective part and return the part freight collect.
Quantity: Sold as Each
8: Single Point Distributor.
79: Not for use with solid core spark plug wires.