PerTronix Performance Products Ignitor III Electronic Ignition Conversion with Built-In Multi-Spark & Rev Limiter
The Ignitor III Ignition module is designed for the serious performance enthusiast who demands serious power. You have seen the performance increases the Ignitor and Ignitor II series of electronic ignitions have brought. Now get ready for more...5 times more spark energy than a typical points system. Ignitor III modules provide ignition box performance.. without the "box"! For the maximum Ignitor III benefit, select one of the PerTronix Flame-Thrower III or HC ignition coils.
• Multiple sparks thru the entire RPM range.
• Integrated digital REV limiter with LED feedback for precise RPM setting.
• Memory safe function stores settings eliminating unintended changes to REV limit.
• Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
• Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil performance, and module reliability.
• Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for inherent electronic delay.
• Senses startup and increases energy for quicker, easier starting.
• Thermal clad surface mount construction for superior reliability.
• Built-in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage.
• Not compatible with CD or Multi-Spark boxes.
• Legal in all 50 states and Canada. (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D57-22).
• Guaranteed for 30 months.
Part Type: Electronic Ignition Conversion
Application: AMC/Jeep V8 most '58-'74 (notes 19, 72, 79), Buick V8 '57-74 (notes 13, 18, 19, 72, 79), Cadillac V8 '56-'74 (notes 13, 18, 19, 72, 79), Checker Cab V8 '64-'74 (notes 19, 79), Chevrolet V8 '57-'74 (notes 13, 19, 72, 79), GMC Truck V8 '57-'74 (notes 19, 72, 79), IHC Truck V8 266-345ci Engine '59-'64 (notes 19, 72, 79), Oldsmobile V8 '56-'74 (notes 13, 18, 19, 72, 79), Pontiac V8 '57-'74 (notes 13, 18, 19, 72, 79), Studebaker V8 Lark & Regal '60-'61 - All Models '65-'66 (notes 19, 72, 79)
Conversion Kit Trigger Type: Hall Effect
Operating Voltage: 12-Volt Negative Ground
Integrated Multi-Spark Ignition: Yes
CD Ignition Compatible: No
Adaptive Dwell Control: Yes
High RPM Timing Correction: Yes
Engine Start-Up Energy Boost: Yes
Reverse Polarity and Over Current Protection: Yes
Thermal Clad Construction: Yes
Integrated Adjustable REV Limiter: Yes, with LED Feedback
Compatible with Most Point Type Coils: Yes
Compatible with Low Resistance Ignition Coils: Yes
Suggested Coils: 40001, 40011, & 40111
Legal in all 50 States: Yes, C.A.R.B. E.O. #D57-22
Manufacturer: PerTronix Performance Products
Manufacturer's Part Number: 71181
Weight: 0.30 lbs.
Warranty: PerTronix, Inc. warrants to the original Purchaser that its products shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 30 months from the day of purchase. Should a part become defective it should be returned to the original selling retailer and must be accompanied with the sales receipt. The manufacturer reserves the right to repair or replace the alleged defective part and return the part freight collect.
Quantity: Sold as Each
13: Lobe sensor module.
18: Excluding 215 and 300 cid. engine.
19: Mechanical advance at top of shaft.
72: Fit both single point and dual point distributors.
79: Not for use with solid core spark plug wires.