PerTronix Performance Products Second Strike Ignition Control
Second Strike is the only ignition system to provide a powerful second spark throughout the entire RPM range. Other multiple spark discharge systems typically revert to one spark at about 3,000 RPM. The "Second Strike" is a microcontroller based ignition supplement that works with most inductive type systems (points, GM HEI, Chrysler electronic ignition, Ford TFI and Duraspark, Ignitor and Ignitor II). Following the primary spark, the Second Strike delivers a powerful capacitive discharge second spark resulting in more complete combustion. At very high RPM's, the increased burn time can reduce misfires, resulting in more peak horsepower and torque.
Second Strike's unique crank angle offset (CAO) feature gives you tunability that no other box has. Simply turn the dial and change the time, in crank angle degrees, that the second spark occurs. A wide range of adjustment gives you the flexibility to find which CAO works best for your engine.
The integrated digital rev limiter features easy to use rotary switches, that adjust the RPM limit to an ultra fine resolution of 100 RPMs, eliminating the need for old resistor style pills or chips. Proprietary algorithms provide superior control of rev limit and a rapid response time to over rev events, preventing engine failure.
Easy installation with a simple five wire hookup and detailed instructions. No special distributor or ignition coil are required.
• Only system to provide a second spark throughout the RPM range.
• Powerful CD second spark resulting in more complete combustion
• Increased burn time increases horsepower and torque at high RPMs.
• Unique (CAO) feature adjusts the timing of the second spark.
• Built-in digital rev limiter with high resolution.
• Digital rotary switches permit easy adjustment.
• Adaptive voltage feature prevents overdriving the ignition coil.
• Voltage protection prevents damage from reversed polarity.
• Tachometer output with TTL interface and near 50% duty cycle make these limiters compatible with most modern tachometers.
• Legal in all 50 states and Canada. (C.A.R.B. E.O #D-57-22)
• Limited One Year Warranty.
Part Type: Ignition Control
Application: Universal 4, 6, & 8 Cylinder, equipped with 12 volt
Ignition Box Output: Capacitive Discharge
PC Programmable: No
Data Acquisition: No
USB Interface: No
Timing Advance Capability: No
Rev Limiter: Yes
Timing Retard: No
RPM Activated Switch: No
Start Retard: No
General Purpose Input/Output Terminals: No
Multiple Spark Duration: 2°-18° Adjustable
Spark Energy: 245 Millijoules
Voltage Primary Output (Into Coil): 200-700 Volts
Voltage Secondary Output (Coil Output): 53,000
Operating Voltage: 11-18 Volts
Operating Current Amp per RPM: 3.5 Amp per 5,000 RPM
RPM Range: 0-10,000
Coil Included: No
Suggested Coils: 60103 & 60100
Ignition Box Color: Hard-Anodized Silver
Ignition Box Length: 6.0 in.
Ignition Box Width: 4.0 in.
Ignition Box Height: 3.0 in.
Manufacturer: PerTronix Performance Products
Manufacturer's Part Number: 500
Weight: 2.30 lbs.
Warranty: Limited 1 Year Warranty - PerTronix, Inc. warrants to the original purchaser that its products shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year
Quantity: Sold as Each